My main source of inspiration for this necklace was the Stella & Dot Bamboleo necklace. It's an absolute stunner but I wanted something a little daintier and more neutral for the fall and winter seasons.
I was also inspired by these projects that I found on Pinterest.
Create your own Braided Bead Necklace:
1. Cut six 20" pieces of heavy thread with scissors, knotting about 3" from one end.
2. String 8"of beads onto each thread and knot again to keep beads in place.
3. Take two beaded strands and tie together with a bead crimp on each end. Cut excess string. If needed, super glue any pieces of string into the crimp.
4. Repeat step 3 for the remaining strands for a total of 3 double strands. Line up.
5. Using the needlenose pliers, close the left crimp in the middle row around a jump ring. (Regular pliers may be useful to help hold in place.)
6. Close the crimps of the top and bottom strands to the same jump ring.
7. Hold securely in place and braid the three double strands.
8. Secure the bottom end of the braid with another jump ring using the pliers.
9. Determine the desired length of the chain and cut the entire length using the jewelry cutter. Then cut again in half. I cut mine an initial 10 inches, then halved it so there would be 5 inches of chain on each side.
10. Add a jump ring to each end of each half of the chain using the pliers. Then secure the two chains to the jump rings already on the base of each side of the braid.
11. Secure a clasp to the top jump rings using the pliers.
12. Wear your beauty, look stunning and get lots of compliments!